Shaw Method Aquatics
The Integrated Motion Studio offers a unique approach to aquatics: a therapeutic and ergonomic approach to swimming using the Alexander-based Shaw Method.
Whether you are a regular swimmer or someone who hasn’t put their head underwater for years, the Shaw Method may be just what you need to make your time in the water as enjoyable and productive as possible.
Discover how to rid yourself of the neck tension and breathing habits that keep you from improving your stroke. Discover how easy it is to overcome the fears or pain that keep you away from the water.
Shaw Method lessons are perfect if you
- want to learn a new stroke
- want to learn how to swim more efficiently
- can’t get enough air while swimming
- are uncomfortable with your face in the water
- have chronic pain or tension
- are recovering from injury or have limited mobility
- want to love being in the water
Shaw Method swimming training is guided by four principles:
- Maintain proper head-back alignment
- Non-propulsive movements precede propulsive movements
- Never “take” a breath
- Cultivate an open, positive approach to learning
- Aquatic Skills
- Front Crawl
It takes 6-10 lessons to develop aquatic skills and complete one stroke.
Learn to Swim with Ease
The Shaw Method strokes emphasize using yourself well while you are swimming and therefore teach movement patterns that do not strain your neck, back, shoulders, and knees, and allow you to breath freely. Most people find that when they are breathing more freely and moving in a way that is good for their body, not only does it feel better, but they are faster and have more endurance too.
Swimming Lesson Rates
Private 60-minute Lessons
- Individual lesson: $90
- 6 weekly lessons: $485 ($85/lesson)
- 10 weekly lessons: $750 ($75/lesson)
2-Person 60-minute Lessons
- Individual lesson: $115
- 6 weekly lessons: $600 ($100/lesson)
- 10 weekly lessons: $900 ($90/lesson)